Last Modified: May 25, 2018
Your Privacy is Very Important to us. At Pixels for Humans (“COMPANY” or “We”), we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are committed to keeping any and all personal information collected of those individuals that visit our website and make use of our online facilities and services accurate, confidential, secure and private.
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information we collect about you through the operation of our services.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our Website and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Please note that this policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of this Website after we make changes will be interpreted as acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
Hello! We are a UX strategy and design company and blog, providing digital products for download or sign-up, as well as consulting services for individual clients (the “Service”).
- Our website(s);
- Our other products and services that are available on or through our website (including any free downloads, digital products, physical products, and digital courses) and
- Other users’ websites that use our Services, while you are logged into your account with us or using this website.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us (hey, this is the Internet, right?) However, the type and amount of information depends on a variety of factors. Here are some examples of what we collect:
- Account, Transaction and Billing Information: When voluntarily provided, we collect: your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, billing and/or credit card information, and any other information Website collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law (“personal information”), which may be used when you purchase products and/or services. Your personal information may also be used to deliver the services you have requested.
- Information from your browser or device. The Site collects information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser or mobile device. This information typically includes your IP address, the name of your operating system, the name and version of your browser, the date and time of your visit, and the pages you visit. The information we receive may depend on your browser or device settings. The information we receive from your web browser and device typically is not, in and of itself, personally identifiable. However, we may combine it with other information in an attempt to identify you or we may combine it with information that does identify you.
- Surveys and Contests: In addition, this site shall only collect personal information that you knowingly and willingly provide by way of surveys, completed membership forms, and e-mails. It is the intent of this site to use personal information only for the purpose for which it was requested and any additional uses specifically provided on this site. Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
Why do we collect this information?
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a more personalized service, by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website [and our e-mails] may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or [opened an e-mail] and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How do we use this information?
COMPANY may collect and may make use of personal information to assist in the operation of our website and to ensure delivery of the services you need and request. At times, we may find it necessary to use personal information as a means to keep you informed of other possible products and/or services that may be available to you from www.pixelsforhumans.com. COMPANY may also be in contact with you with regards to completing surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential future services that may be offered.
COMPANY does not now, nor will it in the future, sell, rent or lease any of our customer lists and/or names to any third parties.
COMPANY may deem it necessary to follow websites and/or pages that our users may frequent in an effort to gleam what types of services and/or products may be the most popular to customers or the general public.
Your Comments and Other User Contributions
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Intellectual Property Rights
The information contained in this site, including, but not limited to, Digital Paper Designs, Templates, Blog Posts, Illustrations, Info-graphics, Photographs, Videos, Logos, Opinion-Based Content, Guides, Tutorials, text and any other forms of artistic expression (collectively known as "intellectual property") are the sole property of COMPANY. No unauthorized use is allowed of COMPANY’S intellectual property. COMPANY’S intellectual property is subject, but not limited to, The Lanham Act (also known as the Trademark Act of 1946), The Copyright Act of 1976, and intellectual property common law.
COMPANY intellectual property cannot be used without the express written consent from COMPANY.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to license or feature COMPANY’S intellectual property.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. Our Company does not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13) without verifiable parental consent. If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of thirteen (13), we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system's database. Anyone under the age of thirteen (13) must seek and obtain parent or guardian permission to use this website. If you believe we might have any information from or about children under thirteen (13), please contact us at email@example.com.
Unsubscribe or Opt-Out
All users and/or visitors to our website have the option to discontinue receiving communication from us and/or reserve the right to discontinue receiving communications by way of e-mail or newsletters. To discontinue or unsubscribe to our website please send an e-mail that you wish to unsubscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any third-party websites, you must go to that specific website to unsubscribe and/or opt-out.
Third Party Links
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write us at: P.O. Box 2053, East Greenwich, RI 02818.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards or blog comment areas. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
The Site may display personal testimonials of yours from time to time received via email or as otherwise received from you by the Site. If you would like the Site to remove your testimonial or customer review at any time, please simply contact us at the information included within this Policy, and we will promptly do so.
This Policy shall be governed under the laws of the Rhode Island, USA without regard to its conflicts of law provisions.
Visitors’ GDPR Rights
If you are within the European Union, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation. Those rights include:
- We will retain the any information you choose to provide to us until the earlier of: (a) you asking us to delete the information, (b) our decision to cease using our existing data providers, or (c) the Company decides that the value in retaining the data is outweighed by the costs of retaining it.
- You have the right to request access to your data that the Company stores and the rights to either rectify or erase your personal data.
- You have the right to seek restrictions on the processing of your data.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your data and the right to the portability of your data.
- To the extent that you provided consent to the Company’s processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based upon consent that occurred prior to your withdrawal of consent.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over issues related to the General Data Protection Regulation.
We require only the information that is reasonably required to enter into a contract with you. We will not require you to provide consent for any unnecessary processing as a condition of entering into a contract with us by way of downloading a lead magnet, webinar, freebie or any other traditional list building methods.
How to Contact Us